Date And Time
Sat, 7 September 2019
11:00 – 16:00 BST
Dalziel High School
About this Event
Scottish Fair Trade Campaigner Conference
Join us on 7 September for the annual Scottish Fair Trade Campaigner Conference. Whether you are an experienced Fair Trade campaigner or new to the cause, come along to this event to:
- hear from Anne-Marie Yao, Regional Cocoa Manager at Fairtrade Africa, about the impact of Fairtrade on the lives of cocoa producers and their families in West Africa;
- hear about the latest developments in the Fair Trade movement;
- meet fellow Fair Trade campaigners and businesses from across Scotland;
- find out more about the North Lanarkshire Fairtrade Zone campaign;
- find out how you/your group can campaign for Fair Trade.
- Contribute to the Scottish Government’s Review of Fair Trade at workshops facilitated by independent consultants.
This year’s event will focus on Fair Trade and Gender Equity with speakers exploring how Fair Trade promotes gender equity as part of its economic, social and environmental standards.
All welcome. A friendly welcome guaranteed!
- Anne-Marie Yao, Regional Cocoa Manager, Fairtrade Africa-West Africa Network
- Sarah Wakefield, Sustainable Sourcing and Fairtrade Manager, the Co-op
- Barbara Wilson, owner of Lovethatstuff, a retailer of products of WFTO members
- Julia Nicoara, Director of Public Engagement, the Fairtrade Foundation
- Martin Rhodes, Chief Executive, the Scottish Fair Trade Forum
- Feed into the Scottish Government’s review of Fair Trade in breakout workshops facilitated by independent consultants. See here for more information.
- Browse and buy from Fair Trade stalls
- Meet fellow campaigners
- Find out about the North Lanarkshire Fairtrade Zone campaign
- Enjoy a lovely lunch and Fairtrade tea/coffee!
Tea/coffee and lunch is included in the programme.
A friendly welcome guaranteed, even if you have never been to one of our events before.
Comments from attendees at last year’s event:
“It was an enjoyable day and reminded me of the passion for justice from hearing and seeing others.”
“I enjoyed and feel encouraged by event.”
Scottish Fair Trade Forum AGM
The conference will be preceded by the Scottish Fair Trade Forum AGM from 10.00 to 11.00 in the same location. Members will be issued with a formal invitation to the AGM by email. All are welcome to attend the AGM but only members of the Forum can vote.
Venue & Parking
There is parking available in the school playground and on street parking available immediately outside the school e.g. Crawford Street.
The front door to the school (facing Crawford Street) will not be open. Please use the side door. There will be Forum volunteers there to direct you on the day.